The Walk...
Finally, at about 10:30 a.m., they called my name. I was so relieved. We walked down this little hallway and turned left into a dark room with a lot of equipment. Blake and my dad immediately started getting their cameras and phones out. (We wanted Blake's family in Utah to be on speaker phone when the lady told us the gender of our baby.) Then, this lady who had something stuck up somewhere came by and said, "No. Absolutely not. No cameras. No phones. They will interfere with the equipment." Alright then...
The Glorious Room...
So, we closed the door to the dark room and met Deena, our ultrasound lady. She was the sweetest person ever! She asked me a few questions. I told her that I had had to use the restroom for over an hour... and I told her our baby is a girl because that's just what I've thought this whole time (while at the same time not helping but want a boy with all my heart). Then she squirted my belly down with the goo and put the little machine on my tummy. We were all debating, "Do we call the Haines in Utah before she tells us the gender?..." Almost immediately after putting the machine on my belly, Deena said, "Well just let me know because I already saw it!!" My dad stepped out for a minute. My mom said, "What!? That means it's a boy!?" My heart lept. Deana said, "Well you never know because I'm really good at both!" Oh the suspense.
She said... here's a leg, and here's another leg... what's in-between (where the arrow is)?....... And our baby is a BOY!!!!!!! I screamed and shreaked and cried and was utterly shocked!!! Blake kissed me and had a huge smile on his face. We did not think that we could be so lucky!!!!! A boy a boy a boy!!!!! We are having an adorable little son! We immediately felt closer to our son and I could not staring at the screen watching him. He is sooooo cute, even in black and white. Blake and I are already in love with him. It is the most amazing feeling. My mom and dad were shocked and elated, as well. They were so happy to be there. And, Blake's family were mostly able to hear me scream BOY!!!!!!! and were happy to be part of it. What a wonderful moment.
I feel bad for everyone else because I had the best ultrasound lady in the world. Deena was so awesome. She told me the baby is head down, has all its toes and fingers and apendages. His heart looks great. His brain looks great. Even his nasal passageway looks "pretty," as she said. Please enjoy these pics of our handsome boy.
Here is a profile of Baby Haines. His face is at the top, and you can see his spine at the bottom (a beautifully perfect spine, so grateful!) When she took this picture, we could watch our little boy drinking! His tongue, which is the long white oval on the bottom of his jaw, was going back and forth.
Here, it's like he's sitting cross-legged or "indian style" on a glass table and we're looking up. You can see his legs and knees in the V-shape and between his legs and above, that's a hand!
Here's one of his adorable arms and a hand! How cute!
This one is a little bit of a freaky ghost picture, but it's him laying on his side facing the camera. The big round white thing in the center is his head, and you can see his eyes, nose, and his mouth! Deena said it looks like he's smiling. What a happy dude.
Blake said he's already like me. He looked peaceful and cozy in there, and when she was poking him trying to get him to move positions, he seemed to be saying, "I'm sleeping, I'm comfy, I stay where I am. Night night." That's so me. I think he is like Blake because he was so happy-go-lucky in there. He seemed so calm and content. It was so wonderful! I could have stared at that little screen in that dark room all day long.


4 comments:
Congrats Blake and Danielle! I am so excited for you two! This is Mandi from Union Square - it seems we have mutual friends - Mel and Christian. Mel and I went to high school together and then roomed together for a couple of years at BYU. I saw your guys blog linked to theirs - it was fun reading what you two are doing! Your boy looks adorable!
congrats on a boy! now to play the "name game"! good luck with that one! go celebrate!
PS. you are so lucky to know mandi! :)
congratulations! i'm so glad you guys had a good experience. the ultrasound is amazing!
by the way, i love that your technician typed "my peepee" on his gender picture. :) classic.
danielle! your dad sent us your blog and it is so exciting! id love to come over and see you and blake. i still can't believe you are freakin' pregnant! hope everything is going wonderfully (as it sounds like it is). let's get together soon!
xoxo
alexis bartley
Post a Comment