Friday, June 19, 2009

I like Cakes

So I got to do my first princess cake for Emily's (my friend Vicki's little girl) 4th Birthday party! Yaaay! Cassy helped me decorate it. I made my first batch of marshmallow fondant (which was difficult to figure out) and it turned out okay!!! I'm not going to say it was perfect, because it wasnt, but man it looks cool. And man is it pink. And so are my hands. Pink and cool.

First I baked 3 cakes. One in a gigantic stainless steel bowl, and two regular 9 inch cakes. The gigantic bowl took 2 cake mixes and THREE HOURS to bake!!!! I dont think it will taste very good, but it looks good (shape-wise), and next time I know what to do better - bake it in a GLASS bowl!!!!
Then, I frosted all 3 cakes and stacked them on each other with a pudding filling between layers. I frosted them with PINK buttercream frosting.

Finally, I used my rough batch of fondant, made it pink, rolled it out a few times due to sticking to the counter, then three of us transferred it to the cake, where it broke in two places. But it looks cool now, because Cassy used water to smoothe it out! Cassy shoved the doll in and we went to town.
It looks awesome all decorated. I copied the design on the plate, somewhat, to make it a cute Bratz theme. I think Emily is going to LOVE it!

4 comments:

amber and brent said...

Cute cake. I'[ve always wanted to make cakes but I have yet to learn. maybe when you come down here again you can teach me.

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!!!!! It looks so great. So could you put a normal pyrex bowl in the oven?

The Mecham Family said...

It looks awesome! Great job!

Tona's cards said...

that is a cute cake. you are so good.