Thursday, March 04, 2010

Good news and Bad news

The good news is the casts are off!So, that's progress. The bad news is Caleb cannot walk. I had unrealistic expectations, thinking that the day we got his casts off we'd head straight to chuck-e-cheese and he'd be running around like a crazy little toddler. Well, I was wrong. He has not even stood on his own.


He is making progress by crawling a few feet at a time. However, I am having SUCH a hard time with this. His legs look almost deformed. They are skinny and bent weird to the side. My athletic, coordinated little guy is hardly even crawling.

I am grateful, though. This is all temporary and he will be up and running again someday. I just dont know when that day will be.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! I know that this isn't exactly the same, but when William had his cast taken off, it took him just a couple of days until he was using his arm fully again. Caleb's strong. He'll get there soon.

Edda Phillips said...

oh how sad! There's nothing that hurts your heart more than seeing your once-hyperactive toddler laying motionless because he's sick... or in your case, because he can't! :( I'm so sorry. He'll get better soon and then you'll be WISHING the casts were back on... especially on Sunday. :)

ChristyLou said...

Oh I totally understand how you feel...it was the same way when Kaylee broke her leg. She didn't want to walk on it for several weeks and then had a weird, foot-turned-in sort of gait for a long time after. I know how scary it feels to see your active little one unable to do things s/he could before. I want to say comforting things like, "don't worry, it will get better," but that isn't necessarily comforting right now. I'm thinking of you though and sending prayers and best wishes your way. He will be running around like a crazy, happy toddler soon (Kaylee is burning up the soccer field now:). Lots of love, Christy.

Sarah said...

What a let down. I read your whole story and my heart ached for you. I hope all is well soon!

The Mecham Family said...

Poor guy. I'm sure it'll only last for a little while. I'm sorry it's so tough on you. :(