Saturday, May 22, 2010

Memphis in May Triathlon

Me, my dad, my cousin Thomas, and my friend Niki did the Memphis in May Sprint Triathlon this weekend!
It was my first full triathlon in 3 1/2 years... since I did the Ironman in 2006. This race was a 400 meter swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k run.

I actually enjoyed the bike and felt that I really pushed myself.
I deleted all the pics of me in nothing but my swimsuit. Yick. Still have 9 pounds to go... and those pounds SHOW in a swimsuit.

Anyway, I had a blast! I love any race if my dad is there. I had a lot of fun with my cousin and Niki, too. I finished the race in 1 hour 24 minutes! Holla!

3 comments:

heidizinha said...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!

i talked to your dad a few days ago and he mentioned you guys were doing a triathlon today. so awesome! congrats! i kept meaning on texting him to get your number so i could tell you good luck...but i always seemed to remember while i was driving. but, your time was amazing and you look awesome!

i still have 4 pounds to pre-Penny weight, and 15 until my goal weight. they had to switch ours to a run bike run, so maybe i'll just have to keep training for another one this summer.

and, you did an IRONMAN? that's unbelievable.

The Richards said...

You're so awesome! Great job! What an inspiration!

Tessa said...

Good job Dani!! You rock the house. And you look cute in the main pic with your cowgirl hat on.