Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Our Awesome Summer!

It has been a great summer!!! We've gotten to do so many fun things as a family, and also fun things with my family and Blake's family. One fun thing we did this summer was go to the Rodeo...

And we've taken two trips to the beach, one to the Atlantic Ocean with my family. We rode in an RV down to Atlanta, Georgia. We hit the Chattanooga Acquarium and Six Flags, then headed over to Hilton Head, South Carolina.

Caleb things all large trucks are "RB's" now! He loved riding in the RV, and of course loved the beach. The Atlantic Ocean was warm water and hot sun. It was amazing.
We also took a trip with Blake's family to California!!! We hit Disneyland twice, California Adventure once, and the beach twice.

The Pacific Ocean was FREEEEEZING cold and the weather was only mild. It was still really fun to be at the beach, though, and we of course LOVED Disneyland.
Caleb fell in love with all of his cousins all over again at Disneyland. He always asks, "Where's Preston? At the Disneyland? Where's Danika?"
I have also found myself very busy with cakes this summer!!!!!!! I wouldn't have it any other way. :) I just adore making cakes. These two were two of my favorite cakes I've ever made and I'm completely addicted now.
I am in search of the best ever recipes out there for every flavor of cake right now. So far, I have white cake down pat, lemon cake, and chocolate cake. Let me know if you know of any incredible recipes I can try! This was one of my tester lemon cakes. The baby shower cake above was a lemon cake. I wanted the best so I tried a few recipes. This one was entirely from scratch and took about an hour just to prepare. The one I ended up deciding was the BEST ever lemon cake was half scratch, using a lemon cake mix as the base. It was even more amazing that way, also with a homemade lemon curd filling. MMMMmmmmm....
Anndi girl is getting HAIR!!!!!!!! I am just aching to put it in a little ponytail and pop a bow on it. CUUUTE! Her hair is coming in brown and straight, like mine!
Caleb is so tan. We have been to the pool a lot and his skin is like his daddy's. He gets brown very quickly.

We have had such a great summer! I hope you all have as well.

1 comment:

The Mecham Family said...

What a fun summer! YOur cakes are beautiful!