As you can see, today is Little Dude's due date.My doctor is determined that my due date is highly accurate, due to an early ultrasound, and will not let me go more than a week overdue. I am hoping and praying that the New Moon tomorrow will mark the beginning of my labor. CLICK HERE to read about the correlation between full moons and births! Apparently, there is a correlation, and possible causation, between the moon's cycle and births. So... perhaps something will start happening tomorrow!
I had a doctor's appointment this morning. Only gained 1 pound (and it's probably all water weight because DUDE all of a sudden my ankles are swollen!) and that was really nice. Also, I am more dialated, a little less than 2 centimeters, and about 60-70% efaced, which my doctor said is great progress. I have another appointment Thursday, but will hopefully not need it.
Blake dropped me off at the front of the hospital, where my doctor's office is located, and went to park the car. I got in the elevator with another pregnant lady. I asked, "When is your due date?" She said, "Friday, what about you?" I said, "Mine's today!!!" We both started laughing, and she sweetly said that I dont seem that far along because I'm getting around so well. It was fun.
Well, wish us luck! And your prayers are greatly appreciated, I have really felt a lot better today. I am very calm and Blake and I are just enjoying this time we are so blessed to have together. What a special time of life!


2 comments:
woo-hoo! it's coming! :)
Wow, Danielle! I can't believe I found your blog just as you and Blake are about to become parents!! Congrats! I hope everything goes smoothly. I just started a blog and so far yours is the most exciting blog I have come across "blog surfing." I totally forgot that you and Blake were married. I'll check back to hear more about your little dude!
Post a Comment