Thursday, July 10, 2008

Caleb is Six Months Old!

A LOT has been going on with little man Caleb Blake! He is having a blast in life now because he can sit up as long as he likes, roll over like a pro, has teeth, and he's been sleeping a lot better!

Caleb is now sitting up on his own very well! He has a nice straight back and is very sturdy for as long as he likes to be. This has made bathtime in the sink pretty messy with all the splashing!


So now he is in the tub!! Dave and Trish Nabrotzky gave him this awesome little seat for the tub and he just loves every second of bath time. He splashes and grabs toys and sucks on his wash cloth.
Love the hair.
We all went to the lake for the Fourth of July
I pretty much think that's the cutest smile EVER.

He loves when people wear hats. It's another toy!
Another milestone of his, he has cut his second tooth! His first one (on the right in the pic) came in when he was 5 months & 1 week old. The second (smaller, on the left) came in a week before he was 6 months old!
We are so blessed to be the parents of this adorable little guy. Happy 1/2 Birthday Caleb! We love you!


By the way, THANK YOU Launi and Summer for recommending this book!!! Oh my gosh. I never thought I'd agree with anything but "no crying sleeping solutions," but I have to tell you this book helped me understand so much! Caleb was still sleeping like a nightmare at 5 1/2 months old, making that about 3 solid months of choppy, horrible sleep for Caleb and parents, if you don't count the first 2 1/2 months when he only slept 8 hours a night (4 hours off of average!). "Like a nightmare," meaning he woke up crying 10 to 15 times a night, wanting his paci or a diaper change or to eat. I was there every time he made a peep (while losing my mind). Well, after reading this book and applying the theory, he sleeps AMAZING! It has been 11 days and he is sleeping 12 hours a night with 1 feeding around 5 a.m., and 3 naps of 45 mins a day!!! WOO! I am so proud of him. THANK YOU AGAIN LAUNI AND SUMMER!

9 comments:

Launi said...

holy cow, it's six months already? these pictures are so adorable! i love his little smile!

and i'm glad the book worked for you! it was a lifesaver for me as well!

Claire Bailey said...

it's decided - your baby is the absolute cutest ever!!! he should be the new gerber baby! i'm so glad you're all doing well. by the way, my family had SO much fun with you guys out at lake powell. i only wish i could have been there! take care!

Lori and kids said...

Thank goodness for sleep! I sure miss you guys and am so happy you are feeling better. TAke care!

Unknown said...

Danielle! I think Caleb is so adorable! What a cute little guy! Six months old is a big deal. I'm glad that he's sleeping better for you. It makes motherhood just that much better when you're conscious for it. Oh, and we definitely need to watch SYTYCD!

The Richards said...

I must say he is the cutest baby boy EVER! That smile just melts my heart.

Melissa said...

That book sounds like "Baby Wise" which is what we used and yea same thing with Lucy... she had been sleping 12 hours at night since 3 months old. After two days of following Baby Wise she was greeeeat!

The Mecham Family said...

he is so beautiful! I love his smile too!

Josie said...

he is so so cute! I think I need a copy of that book- it is just getting worse with us! lol. I cant beleive he has teeth! How weird to think that they can have them that young- I guess it is only a matter of time for my little one then, she is not far behind! And good job for posting! lol, I check just about every day!

Summer said...

Yeah! I'm so glad he is sleeping better. :) We just got back from 2 weeks in Cali and Arizona. What a blast! Wish you were here so we could watch SYTYCD together. I'm totally obsessed. Who would have thought Katee would be a favorite after they almost didn't put her in the top 20? Have fun watching tonight!