Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stomach Flu on Vacation

Oh what a day yesterday. Blake, Caleb, and I are in Utah for Christmas family time this month. Yesterday, Blake and his dad left to go skiing early. I woke up nauseous. I thought, "Maybe it's because I went running after dinner last night." NO... I was very wrong. I threw up all day. I had to take care of myself and Caleb, and I was bent in half like all day. It was so hard. Everyone here was busy trying to not get sick or getting things done. I wanted my mommy. Blake finally came home at 4:30 and I went to sleep. I woke up and got a blessing. I washed all our clothes, sheets, took a shower, and threw away my toothbrush. I hope no one else gets sick.

Caleb is freakin hilarious lately. OH man. He has been cruisin around his Grandma and Grandpa Haines' house. He picks up an item of choice, walks from one end of the house, around the couch, through the kitchen, through the dining room, around the dining room table, through Lori's area, and then back again. I cant believe how fast he is growing up. I am so going to miss the little baby Caleb, but I'm dang excited about this new stage!
In this video, Blake and I are trying to teach Caleb that my name is "mama." So, I point to myself and say, "Mama!" and then he points to himself and says, "Dada!"


And can I just say I have the funniest 11-month-old baby EVER???? Okay, so Caleb discovered his love for playing the piano. Lori brought out this awesome toy for him to play with and man did he LOVE it!!! Make sure you watch all the way to the end!

6 comments:

Brittany said...

Same thing happened to Cade and I when we went home to TN. We both got the stomach flu, it was horrible. But, luckily I was w/ my mom who was able to take care of Cade for me. I don't know how you were able to watch Caleb while you were sick. That would've been horrible.
My family had the same excact piano at home and Cade loved playing w/ it too. So cute! Oh yeah, so where in UT are you right now? I'm living in Taylorsville, you know South Salt Lake.

Aaron, Lindsey, and baby Taygen said...

I'm so excited to finally meet Caleb and you and you can meet my little guy Taygen. Are you guys going to the Haines Christmas dinner on Sunday? Hopefully we'll see you there.

The Richards said...

What a bummer! I hope you are feeling better now. How long are you in Utah? I'd love to see you, but I know your time is probably short and you have many people to see. We are going to Idaho on Christmas Eve and will be there until Sunday, so that doesn't help our chances of seeing each other. Oh well. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
LOVE YA!

Lori and kids said...

I am having so much fun with calb and you guys. I am so sorry I was not there for you when you were sick. I wish I had known that no one was helping you. Your the best!

Unknown said...

Hmm the flu... tastes like japanese style hot wings with a nice indian curry topped with nutmeg, radishes, and liver spots. Now that is a recipe to try out!

Summer said...

You're in Utah?! You are in trouble missy. I just got back from our Christmas vacation in Palm Springs....are you still here??? I want to see you!!!!!!!