Valentine's Day this year was AWESOME! Our lil Saramarie was visiting, so she watched Caleb voluntarily (she even changed his diaper!!!!!!) while we went to Olive Garden for lunch and then we went HORSEBACK RIDING! I want a horse. I want one I want one I want one. Or two. Me needs them my precioussss. It was an incredible time, and so thoughtful and loving of Blake to plan. I loved every second of it. Blake also spent a great deal of time creating and putting together a fruit bouquet for me!!! He also got me flowers, a cute teddy, a hilarius balloon, a tiny box of chocolates, and wrote me a poem on a homemade card. Oh how much love I felt from him. He really out-did himself this year. I told him I want a fruit bouquet every year. I got Blake a bunch of candy he loves, a dart board, and baked two made-from-scratch fresh raspberry pies for him. We both gained at least 2 pounds. Happily.
Caleb was a happy part of our day as well. We gave him some things his grandma Haines got him for Valentine's day, including magnet letters for the fridge and a white and red stuffed puppy dog. We got him some foam letters for the bathtub and a balloon.

Until Valentines day, balloons were Caleb's worst enemy. He was unintentionally frightened by a gigantic bunch of pink and white balloons when he got surrounded by them once. Ever since, he'd see balloons at the grocery store and try to run away from them. Or, he'd point at them and give a face like, "I'm scared!!" So, for Valentines day we had a few balloons in the house. He warmed up to them and even started to beat them with his miniature baseball bat. His fear is over and now he calls them "Baaah--oo"s.


Caleb also got his Third Haircut this week. It went okay, but I think I am going to try to cut it myself next time. Just strip him down to a diaper, hand him a sucker, and go at it. I'll report with my luck when I do it!
3 comments:
Wow, blake can you give my husband some idea's for me next year, because he freakin sucks with valentines day. I am sure he would say the same thing. Good job blake! Caleb is getting so big! I am so so glad he is ok with ballons now! love you guys!
It sounds like you had a fun Valentines day. I had a good one this year. Charlette and I planed our date and the guys are supposed to have something planed for us next year so we will see what they will do. All I have to say is it better be planed out or else. Caleb is so cute and we sure miss him and of course you too.
Oh Wow! Danielle, you just brought back so many memories with the "my precious"!!!!! Little Caleb is growing so fast! I can't get over how big he is, and how cute is he in his little flip-flops! What a little boy!
Post a Comment