Friday, October 30, 2009

GI-GI'S CAT! GI-GI'S CAT! PEESE? CAKE! CAKE! PEESE?

Caleb and I have been busy around here! I got my first real cake order. My good friend Stephanie told her sister about me and I got to make her little boy's 4th birthday cake! I had a blast and a nightmare of a time! Nightmare only because I am pregnant - high emotions and many dreams. I had a few nightmares about how the cake turned out.


Overall, I had a great time and hope that it's Carson's cake of his dreams. I even dyed the yum cream cheese frosting filling bright blue to match the cake. That should be fun to eat! The buildings are dark chocolate cupcakes, cut into building shapes. They were a beast to frost, but I took my time and Blake helped me by watching Caleb. Plus it helped that Caleb took a 3 hour nap today!

We had one little mishap with Caleb sticking his finger in the cake, which resulted in a pregnancy meltdown, but turned out alright in the end. He just couldn't stop saying, "Cake! Peese!?"
Another thing Caleb begs for is to see "Gi-gi's Cat!" It's the huge Halloween on her front porch that both scares and intrigues Caleb at the same time. It's head moves side to side. He thinks about it constantly and wants to go see it. Plus it's fun to play with Gi-gi.

3 comments:

My Everythings said...

oh my gosh. that cake looks impossible. how in the world did you do that? you are truly my cake decorating hero. i miss you...............

SARIE said...

OH MY GOSH! ANNITA! thats freaky!

ps awesome cake

Aren said...

Hey Danielle! This is Ashley (Johnston) Swogger from the Lawrenceburg ward. I grew up in your stake. I married Aren Swogger who lives on the same street of Howie and Sharon. I talked to you at their Christmas party last year. Anyways, I came across your blog and I wanted to start leaving comments. My comments will be under my husband's name Aren, though. I just use his account. I live in Chattanooga right now and I visit Franklin and Lawrenceburg at least once a month. We should get together some time. I laugh at how similar our lives are right now. I have Jackson who turns two this month and I am having a girl in January. I would love to chat with you. My email is ashleynicholeswogger@yahoo.com. Sorry, I just left the longest comment in history. Ha! C-ya Ashley
P.S. Your cakes are truly amazing!