Gilmore Girls. I cannot even explain in words how much I love this show. The first time I ever saw it, Blake and I took a trip to my home while we were dating. He slept in the guest room. In the morning, I heard the tv on in the guest room, and the door cracked open. I went in, and to my astonishment, at 8 am in the morning, Blake and my brother Terry were sitting there watching Gilmore Girls. Although that irony made me laugh and laugh, I did not particularly like it at the time. But, several years later I needed something to do while I folded laundry, so I borrowed a neighbor's Season 1 of Gilmore Girls. I was hooked.
I adore these two brunettes and their love of food, small towns, and friends. If I need something to uplift me on a hard day, Gilmore Girls it is. Watching this show is like escaping into a world of sunshine. A world where you can eat as much as you want, gain no weight, live in a town with everything within walking distance, and be constantly surrounded by people who love you. A world where you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it.
Some Favorite Quotes:
Lorelai: And it's so hard to believe that at exactly this time, many moons ago, I was lying in exactly this same position.
Rory: Oh boy, here we go.
Lorelai: Only I had a huge fat stomach, and big fat ankles, and I was swearing like a sailor...
Rory: On leave.
Lorelai: On leave, right. And there I was...
Rory: In labor.
Lorelai: And while some have called it the most meaningful experience of your life, to me it was something more akin to doing the splits on a crate of dynamite.
Rory: I wonder if the Waltons ever did this.
Lorelai: And I was screaming and swearing, and being surrounded as I was by a hundred prominent doctors, I just assumed there was an actual use for the cup of ice chips they gave me.
Rory: There wasn't.
Lorelai: But pelting the nurses sure was fun.
Rory: I love you, mom.
Lorelai: Shush, I'm getting to the part where he sees your head... So there I was...
Lorelai: So, not only did you GO to a cop raided party, but you were the cause of the fight that caused the raid
Rory: Yes...
Lorelai: This fence is broken because of you. This crap is on the ground because of you
Rory: What's your point?
Lorelai: [singing] Did you ever know that you're my heeero. You're everything I wish I could be!
Luke: Me? Raising a kid? I don't even like kids. They're always sticky like they've got jam on their hands. Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow, they've always got jam on their hands! I'm not the right guy to deal with that. I have no patience for jam hands!
Lorelai: First of all, Jess is 17 so I think he's probably pass the jam hands stage by now. Second of all, you can do this. If you want to you are totally capable.
Friday, February 04, 2011
A picture of the cast from your favorite show
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
oh my! i love this show so much too. i never knew you were a fan. :)
Post a Comment