One of my dearest friends growing up got married last weekend. Yay for Tessa!!! She was such a beautiful bride, and I know Paul was one happy groom.Tessa let me make her wedding cake. It was white cake with cream cheese frosting filling and fresh raspberries, with a vanilla bean frosting on the outside. It turned out simple and elegant, and I was so happy to do it!
Caleb was a little charmer all day in his black suit. What a great little three-year-old I have been blessed with. He behaved very well and was so sweet. At the ring ceremony, I was the only one who brought my two little kids... very little kids... and Anndi started fussing in the middle of the ceremony, so I got up and walked to the back to stand with her. Caleb followed me. Back there, he "whispers" to me, "Mommy I gotta go potty!" I reply, "Okay Caleb, don't worry this is almost over and we'll go home and go potty." The poor little guy whispers in distress, "The poop is coming out!!" It was not, he was just being dramatic, and he hung in there until we got home. It just was not proper ring ceremony conversation, you know?
Julia and I got to hold the bride for a friends picture! Fun!
So, Nathalie passed out the bells that people would ring at the end of the ring ceremony. When little Diane walked by, Nathalie reached in the basket and found the LARGEST bell of all, and gave it to Diane. We all giggled about it for half of the ceremony.
After the wedding and the ring ceremony, Tessa and Paul had an elegant reception at a small bakery, Puffy Muffin. It was perfect! The food was incredible, and Anndi clearly loved the cake... Bekah helped me so much with Anndi the whole night, I was extremely grateful.
One of the best parts of the whole weekend was having Nath stay with me. I love this girl! We went to the gym twice. Sonic once... got lots of food... tradition. Also, Nath taught me how to use fondant to decorate cakes! And we had a great time celebrating Tessa's big day. Caleb followed Nath all over the house asking her questions about her two little boys. So cute. Can't wait to visit her again in Nebraska in August!
Oh and note the matching peacoats! Nathalie and Anndi both have a purple peacoat from Old Navy. They are so twins.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
The most fun I have had in a long time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh my gooooodness I miss your dear heart. It was so so so so great to be with you. Thanks for being the perfect hostess. Give Anndi and Caleb a big hug and kiss for me. Can't wait to hang with you again. LOVE YOU!
Oh LOVE it and miss you! I've been thinking a lot about what we talked about at the pancake pantry and I think we all need to end up living in the same town somehow someday... hmmmm.... That's funny about Caleb in the ring ceremony:) Haha, that made me lol, By the way, my wedding cake was the BEST wedding cake ever- it was SO good, and my mom said she is still getting compliments about how good the cake was- so way to go! Seriously, thank you so much. I love you. Also, that picture where Paul and I are cutting the cake- can you email it to me (it's a good one of us before we have cake all over our faces haha.) If not I can just steal it off of your blog mwa haha. LOVE you so much!
Post a Comment