Monday, September 10, 2007

Yay for Blake and my Dad!!!


My dad and Blake did another Sprint-Distance triathlon this weekend. (Above is my dad in the grey shirt, Blake with his shirt off - woo woo!, and you get a little glimpse of me in the blue jeans and blue shirt). My mom, Cozmo, and I went with them up to Hendersonville to support. Blake was pumped - short distance is his forte.

400 meter swim, 1.5 mile run, 12 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run

Blake's times were as follows:

Age Group: Male 20-24
400 Meter Swim - 7 minutes 19.39 seconds
1.5 mile Run - 13 minutes 42.17 seconds
1st Transition - 1 minute 28.15 seconds 12 mile Bike - 36 minutes 44.66 seconds2nd Transition - 38.99 seconds
1.5 mile Run - 10 minutes 55.34 secondsTotal Time - 1 hour 10 minutes 50.56 seconds
Overall, he came in 40th!
1st place in His Age Group! (I'm so proud!)

Click Here to see how Blake's times compared with the other competitors!

We were all so proud of him.
My Popito...
Just a quick note about my dad. I did the Ironman with my dad back in November 2006. That was an amazing experience that I would not have ever dreamed of if it weren't for my dad's help. He has pushed so many people through training and such and helped them accomplish their dreams that they thought were impossible. Blake is one of those people he has lended a hand to. My dad is so awesome. Of course, he did really well in the triathlon just like he always does.


Why Blake is amazing...I pretty much have the most amazing husband ever. Blake is not only training daily for the Ironman right now, but he is also juggling 19 credits of his last semester at school, trying to sell his Auto Detailing Company, AND has an extremely dependent, moody, and needy pregnant wife. The guy's got skills. On top of being able to handle all of that, Blake is always in a positive mood. He is a great ward missionary and home teacher. He always has that incredible, enormous smile I have loved ever since the day we met. Plus, he has natural talent for any sports including soccer, softball, swimming, biking, running, wakeboarding... you name it. What a hottie. I love you Blake.

No comments: