Monday, January 12, 2009

Caleb's Big Ball Birthday Bash!!!

Caleb had an awesome birthday party! With just a week of planning, inviting, shopping, sewing, decorating, and cooking, the party really turned out great! At least 40 people showed up, kids playing all over the place, people eating, and Caleb running around enjoying the company. So many different kinds of balls everywhere, he was thrilled!!

Cozmo was a large part of the festivities, of course!
Caleb had fun opening his gifts. Every gift he'd open, he wanted to play with, but I'd have to put it to the side and grab a new one. He kept saing "woah.... woah... woooaah..."

He sat in his new chair from momma and da-da to open his gifts.

He was a great sport!

The food turned out awesome, meatballs, and everything round that we could come up with! Even round ball-shaped apple juice bottles!

The little kids at the party helped Caleb blow out his candles! He had one on all of his cakes. The baseball cake was specifically his though.
He wasn't so sure about cake. He let me feed it to him, but he didnt want to dig in himself. His grandpa put his hands in it to encourage more of a "shoveling" effort, but he just wanted the sticky stuff to get off his hands. He thought it tasted good though!

Ball lights, kids playing with ball toys, ball picture frames!

Caleb in his birthday shirt!

My mom and I sewed a big felt "1" on the back of his shirt, it looked SO cute!

Basketball party favors for party people to take home! They had round candy in them, Gobstoppers!

The ball cakes! I had a blast creating these creations, and I was very excited with how they turned out, especially the baseball! So fun!

Grandma helped us so much for Caleb's party!

He had a fun party! Yay for Caleb's First Birthday party!!!

9 comments:

Sarah Most said...

Sorry that we missed it. Looks like you all had fun. Did you sew that birthday cake on the front of Caleb's shirt? It was cute.

Unknown said...

He's already one!! That's so crazy. Danielle, he's such a good looking boy. I wish that we could've been out there for his awesome party!!

Josie said...

That is THE cutest ever theme for a party! I LOVE it! It looks like it turned out great!

Lori and kids said...

Wow, you guys had so much fun! You are so creative. WOW! Good job on the birthdy! Do you want to do my kids parties for me. You are awsome.

tonia said...

I can't believe it that he is one year old. Just today I was looking at a picture of you, me, and Lori all pregnant. That was a crazy time. It looked like he had the best birthday ever. Those cakes sure looked great. I tried to make a soccer cake and it didn't turn out like yours did. It was so cool how you did that banner. We sure wish that we could have been there to see his special one year old birthday. We love you guys. I hope that you had a great day at your birthday party.

Nat said...

Dang, mama! You were busy! Nice job- the party decor looks amazing. What fun. Will you plan Fallon's next bday party?? :)

The Mecham Family said...

Very cute! It looks awesome! I love the theme! Very original!!

Sarah Turpin said...

wow you know how to throw a good party! I can't believe he is one what a cutie!

Lori and kids said...

What a cute birthday party. GOOd JOB! You have really good idea's! Things for helping me with tyson!