Thursday, September 27, 2007

No More Whining

Me and Blake with Elder Pearson and Elder Lusk. We love having the missionaries over to eat!

I whine a lot. I always have. Here's a little story about me that my Grandma Hiatt loves to tell:
She was staying with us for a little while when my parents went on vacation together. I was 5 years old. Grandma picked me up from my ballet lesson. I got in the car and sat there in a huff. Grandma said, "How was ballet?" I replied, "Jenny would NOT stay on her MARK!" (They had little lines taped on the floor that we were supposed to keep our toes touching. I always had my toes lined up perfectly on the line, I remember.) My grandma, a little amused, played along. "Well, did the teacher tell her to get on it??" I said, "NO. BUT I DID."
A born brat. You can see why I am scared that we will ever have a little girl! Anyway, I read on my friend Nicole's blog today a list of things she loves and cannot live without. I truly need to count my many blessings, because I have MANY. So here's my list of things that I am blessed with in my life, that I love and cannot imagine living without:
  1. Blake
  2. ok ok I'll try to be more specific... Blake's hugs and kisses
  3. Talking to Blake about anything and everything
  4. Spending time with my mom doing whatever, eating, cleaning, working out
  5. Working out with my dad
  6. My scriptures and my patriarchal blessing
  7. Prayer
  8. Friends to talk to!
  9. Gilmore Girls
  10. Water Recreation - boating, swimming, water aerobics, lap swimming
  11. A nice comfy pair of jeans
  12. Playing with our nieces and nephews
  13. Pillows, lots of them
  14. Amen, Nicole, a car that runs!!!
  15. Laughing at our dog together (this morning Cozmo woke us up a half hour early because the lightning outside scared him and then the thunder came, and he could not stop barking and FREAKING out! After a while, it was very funny.)
  16. Makeup (yes, I'm a girl)
Dude, I take so many things in my life for granted. It's about living it up, loving every moment, enjoying things that are rediculous. Like yesterday, Blake and I went and got a quick lunch together at Wendy's. I should revel in being able to do that with such an awesome person who I love and can never get sick of!

Let's live life enjoying every moment!

4 comments:

Randi said...

I'm a little confused about which one you are really reading. Eclipse is the last book of the series and has a red ribbon on the front of the cover. Twilight is the one that is the first and has an apple on it. I guess if you don't think you're missing any information you're probably reading the right book?

Anonymous said...

You forgot Blake's Family and your brother!

Sarah said...

Danielle, I can't believe that you were ever a brat. You are one of the top most positive people I have ever known, and I am honored to call you my friend.

Sarie said...

are yall still the only couple who has the missionaries over for dinner?